PGconf.ASIA 2016 will be held On December 2 and 3 in Tokyo and we are
now accepting proposals for talks!
Join us and other users and developers from around the world to
celebrate the 20th birthday of PostgreSQL at the home of the oldest
and largest user group; Japan!
About the conference:
- Place : Akihabara convention hall (Tokyo)
- Targeted number of attendees : 300
- Price : Around 10,000 yen (free for speakers)
About the call for papers:
- To submit a paper, please include the following details and send to:
- Your name - The organization you are working for/belonging to - Your title - Talk title - Abstract - Description - Language spoken during the talk: Japanese or English - Language of the talk material : Japanese and/or English
- Submission deadline is midnight, 31st August, 2016 (Japan time).
- Submissions should be sent in English, Japanese or both. Note that the number of
slots for Japanese-only talks is limited.
- Basically the presentation materials will be released the day after the conference
and will be made available to the public. The ownership of the material is retained to
the original author. However we ask you to share it under a CCL license:
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/If you cannot publish the material, please ask us.
- Talks may be recorded or photographed. In both cases, the content may be made public.
The ownership of the material is retained to the speaker. However we ask you to share
it under a CCL license:
- Speakers will be informed of the result of the selection by the 16th of September.
Speakers will be requested to submit brief biographies and photos to be published
in the conference program.
- Each session will last 45 minutes. English submissions are preferred, though
Japanese may also be accepted.
- Suggested topic areas include:
- Large-scale PostgreSQL deployments
- Migrations from other databases to PostgreSQL
- Operations and administration
- Performance and feature implementation
- Replication, clustering, HA, sharding
- Tools and utilities for PostgreSQL
- Benchmarking and hardware, tuning
- PostgreSQL community and hacking
- If you have any questions regarding the event, feel free to contact the organization
committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you in Tokyo 🙂
PGConf.ASIA 2016 Steering Committee
* You can freely redistribute this Call for Papers.