PGconf.ASIA 2017 will be held on December 4 to 6 in Tokyo and we are now accepting proposals for talks.
Join us and other users and developers from around the world at the home of the oldest and largest user group; Japan!
(See http://www.pgconf.asia/EN/2016/program/ for last year’s conference program).
– About the conference:
Location: Akihabara convention hall (Tokyo)
Targeted number of attendees: 700 in total
Ticket price: Free (4th), Paid (5th and 6h) (free for speakers)
– About the call for papers:
– To submit a paper, please include the following details and send to:
Language spoken during the talk: Japanese or English
Language of the talk material: Japanese and/or English
– Submission deadline is midnight, 31st July, 2017 (Japan time).
– Submissions should be sent in English, Japanese, or both.
Japanese-only submissions will be translated into English for
discussion within the program committee.
– Presentation materials will be released the day after the conference and will be made available to the public.
The copyright of the material will be retained by the author.
We ask that you share your materials under a Creative Commons license:
If your presentation material cannot be shared, please let us know.
– Talks may be recorded or photographed. In both cases, the content may be made public under a Creative Commons license:
The copyright of the material is retained by the speaker.
– Speakers will be informed of the result of the selection around 15th of August.
Speakers will be requested to submit brief biographies and photos to be published in the conference program.
– Each session will last 40 minutes including questions and answers.
Suggested topic areas include but not limited to:
– Large-scale PostgreSQL deployments.
– Migrations from other databases to PostgreSQL
– Operations and administration
– Performance and feature implementation
– Replication, clustering, HA, sharding.
– Tools and utilities for PostgreSQL
– Benchmarking and hardware, tuning.
– PostgreSQL community and hacking.
– Studies, surveys on PostgreSQL ecosystem
– Asian PostgreSQL community & user groups
– Data warehousing
– Location-aware and mapping software with PostGIS
– Research and teaching with PostgreSQL
– Case studies, including but not limited to: IoT/Cloud, Healthcare, Education and Academy
– If you have any questions regarding the event, feel free to contact the organization committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you in Tokyo 🙂
PGConf.ASIA 2017 Steering Committee